Monday 25 July 2011

How to … MAKE A MONSTER

Hee hee is monster time!!! I get excited when making kiddies cards, I do not do a lot of them as I have no kids but every now and again I am asked to make some.
This was for a little boy called Theo one of Luca’s(my gorgeous nephew) best friends.
Theo had a dinosaur party theme but unfortunately I didn’t have enough time to cook up some punch art and went with monsters instead.
Make a monster stamp set from the main StampinUp catalogue is perfect to build out of space scenes so this is exactly what I have created for Theo.
make a monster_
Nice and bright as well cos we know kids like colour!! and the brighter the better!!
Is another easel card just like yesterday’s one and the measurements are exactly the same, I find using the same layout to be the best solution when I’m short of time .
Here’s the measurements for the layers:
To make the easel card cut a sheet of  A4 Tempting turquoise card in half,  then fold the top half in half again.
Real Red  layer measures 9.cm x 12.5cm
Whisper White layer is cut at 8.5cm x 12cm
To make the crater filled planet I have used to semicircles in old olive card and used a selection of circle punches to randomly punch holes in.Stick these two together using dimensionals for a fun 3 D effect.
I stamped the monsters onto watercolour paper in black and coloured them using re inkers. I have used pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise, daffodil delight and old olive.

Cut them out and add them to the planet and the white layer before adhering to the red layer and the card blank.
The layers for the bottom of the easel are as follow:
Real red card stock cut at 10.5cmx6cm, you will want to ass a decorative edge here using the scallop border punch.
Tempting turquoise designer paper 10.5cm x 4cm
The sentiment has been stamped in two sections. I used a marker to ink and stamp the word HAPPY first, cleaned my stamp then inked and stamped the word BIRTHDAY further along making sure I left enough space to add my number FOUR scallop circle element.
What do you think?
I was assured by my sis that the kids liked their cards so Happy days!! oh and Luca had the time of his life at both parties so we are now busy planning his, we spoke on Skype this morning and he just chats and chats and very rarely stops for breath (wonder where he gets it from?) anyway I said to him
Me: Luca you are way to gorgeous !!!
Luca’s reply: I know Mimi !!
Right I will see you very soon with a more grown up affair. Till then big hugs xxx
Supplies: All Stampin’Up! unless otherwise stated
PAPER: real red, tempting turquoise, old olive, and whisper white cardstock, tempting turquoise designer paper stack
STAMP SETS: party this way, make a monster
INKS:  pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise, daffodil delight and old olive re inkers, basic black ink
TOOLS: scallop border punch, 1 3/8”circle punch, scallop circle punch
EMBELISHMENTS: pumpkin pie satin ribbon.



Shop Stampin' Up!

6 comments :

  1. Very cute Monica. I was making golf balls with that technique that you taught us at Stamp with Us ages ago - never thought of doing a planet! Fabby work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fabulous - perfect for a boy's card. I love the way you have made the planet - what a great idea!
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Monica. I hadn't even noticed that set in the book, but you have done a super job of showcasing it (as usual!).
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Monica! I hadn't even noticed that stamp set in the book but you have showcased it beautifully (as usual)!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally perfect. The planet is brilliant!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh how cute is this!! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx